Tuesday 24 March 2015

All about that plant life


Day 2: All About that farm life  : I slept at Mr. Po’s house that night and I just thought about what I have gotten myself into. I could have chosen the hudson river, but noooo, I had to do something adventurous. That morning I decided to go to a famous bar in the middle of a town called the Lotus Blossom. When I was walking there I passed some very interesting farms that intrigued my interest. I walked around to the front of the property and I saw a cute hut that I assumed that that is where the property owners lived. I lugged my pack to the front door and I knocked in a polite manner. Because they probably have never seen an awesome purple derp guy with a pig nose in there life. The kind family opened the door and were startled at first. I used my awesome language skills to figure out that they are poor bamboo farmers or that they loved to slip on bananas but I think it is most likely the first one. He also said that he grew dove trees. The nice family invited me in to their lovely home and gave me a cup of green tea to sip on while I ask him a couple of questions. I asked him all about his lifestyle and he told me a couple of cool facts about farming. First, I learned that the dove tree takes 6 to 8 years to grow flowers and 10 to 15 years to grow fruit  that we can eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment