Tuesday 24 March 2015

The River of Facts

Today I’m halfway through my journey and I am starting to wonder what powers this river holds. Some of the things I already know are that the Yangtze River is one of the busiest rivers in a large area, I would say in the world that I don’t know if that’s accurate. One of the other cool facts I know about the Yangtze River is that the Tiger Leaping Gorge on the upper Yangtze is the deepest gorge in the world with mountains towering 4000 m above it. There is also The Three Gorges which is a beautiful site. I don’t know when or if I will be able to visit this place, but if I could, I would visit the Fengdu ghost city, also known as the home of the devil, a town of tombs and temples. One other thing about the Yangtze River is that it is the third longest river in the world, but it is the longest river within a single country. It has the highest source of any of the world’s major rivers at over 5000 m above sea level. The Yangtze River goes over the Qinghai Tibet Plateau, Sichuan, Yunnan, Chongqing, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangxi, Anhui, Jiangsu, and Shanghai from west to east. More information about The Three Gorges is that they are called Qutang, Xiling, and Wu. I think it is very cool how all of these things are just for this one river and I think that they Yangtze River is an amazing river.

No comments:

Post a Comment